Wine Tasting & Dinner with Bel-Aire Winery, St. Ansgar, Iowa
Friday, April 12 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
$35 each or $60 per couple.
Amy and Sherrie will be designing special menu pairings to compliment our local vintner's wines. Taste Bel-Aire Winery's dry reds - Foxy Foch and Frontenac, their Blue Bell rosť, a delightful Strawberry Rhubarb wine, and their sweet Wild Ass and Happy Apple Wines. The Belands will be on hand to serve you. For those who stay overnight, they will treat you to a tour of the winery on Saturday morning after breakfast.
Secretary's / Administrative Assistant Day Lunches
April 22 to 26
Call for a menu and pre-order for quick service over your lunch hour.
Death of a Pirate
a "whodunit" murder mystery for dinner guests to unravel
Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27 at 6:30 p.m.
$24.95 per person.
Who is guilty of doing in Blake Beard, the scourge of the seven seas? Is it Captain Claw, buccaneer Short John Silva, Shiva M'Timbers, Carmen Gettit, Abel Boddid, or serving wench Lucy Lastic?
One lucky sleuth who solves the mystery will receive their dinner free!
“Seven Seas” Cuisine
- “Eat This So You Don't Get Scurvy” Tomato Soup
- Seven Seas Salad with Goldfish Crackers and a Roll
- Whiskey Marinated Beef with Potatoes and Carrots OR
Seafood Puffs on Scallop Shells OR
Walk the Plank Chicken Breasts with Crispy Onions Ropes and Mashed Potatoes OR
Smothered Pork Chops with Mounds of Mashed Potatoes
- Treasure Bars, Chocolate Coins & Gold Nuggets
Crowd Pleasers and Sweet Teasers Cooking Seminar
Friday, May 3 - 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.*
$40.00 per person.
Get ready for your spring and summer graduation and anniversary parties, wedding receptions, and celebrations with our creative, bite-sized treats and miniature make-aheads. We'll feature recipes that can be made in large quantities, and seasonal favorites for Cinco de Mayo, Mother's and Father's Day, Midsummer Nights, and the 4th of July.
The price of $40 each includes fun and fellowship with kindred spirits in our kitchen, hands on experience, new recipes, and the opportunity to taste your creations
Mother’s Day Brunch
Sunday, May 12 - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.*
Adults $16.95, Children under ten $8.95
- Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Juice Frosting
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs
- Sampler Plate featuring Blue Belle Inn Breakfast Favorites:
- Quiche in a Cup
- Seafood Crepes
- Sausage Gravy on Homemade Biscuits
- Cream Puffs with Egg Salad Filling
- Danish Aebleskivers (Round Pancakes)
- Hormel Bacon
- A Variety of Optional Desserts including Copenhagen Cream with Raspberries, Carrot Cake and Fresh Strawberry Pie will be offered for $4.00 each.
*Featuring a local brother and sister duo from Northwood, Iowa, who enjoy sharing their love of music through songwriting together as well as performing together. Ross Sederburg and Mary Rohne play music in a variety of genres. Ross plays piano and guitar and Mary provides vocals.
Open Mike Night
Friday night, May 31st from 5:00 p.m. until closing
If you have a story to tell, a song to sing, a poem to share, please join us. We have ears to listen and a good microphone. (Family friendly entertainment only, please.)
Invite your friends to hear you. Facebook me if you plan to perform and I'll do my best to spread the word. Guests may order from our appetizer, dinner or dessert menu, or simply relax and enjoy the evening air. Performers will be treated to a free dessert.
2x4 Bike Ride, Oatmeal Days and Parade
Saturday, June 15, 2013
- Register to ride 25, 35, or 50 miles through 2 states and 4 counties Saturday morning from 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
- Oatmeal Day festivities and crafts will be featured along 4th Street throughout the day.
- Dinner will be served from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Saturday evening so guests can enjoy the Parade at 7:00 p.m.
- Bring your lawn chairs.
Check out www.StAnsgar.org for more information.
A Celtic Tea Party and Book Signing with Sherrie
Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.
Help me celebrate the release of Thistle Down (an e-Short prequel, available online only) and Wild Rose, the first of Sherrie's new "Wildflowers of Scotland" novels.
$12.95 each for Savory Sandwiches and Sweet Teatime Treats!
Prizes, book sale. Reservations Requested - 641-713-3113
Daughters and Dads night
Friday night, June 21, 2013
Dads, $16.95, Daughters 1/2 price.
Sugar and spice and everything nice.
Hugs, a huge heart. and honest advice.
Blessed from above, a big dose of love
That's what Daughters and Dads are made of.
Dads, this is your chance to make your daughter feel like a princess, to have a purity talk with your teenage daughter, or just to spend some time talking about whatever you wish.
We'll provide dinner options that are delicious for any age, and special music by dads and daughters.
- Cheeseburger Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes
- Amy's Creamy Mac and Cheese with Brats
- Mom's Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes